Historické putování

Search

Premonstratensian Monastery

Loucká 3054/23
Znojmo, 669 02

The Premonstratensian Monastery was founded by Prince Konrad Ota in 1190. Its oldest preserved part is a torso of the late-Romanesque Garden of Eden. Construction of the Baroque convent was started in 1748 under the supervision of architect Pilgram. After his death, architect Hillebrand continued the works. The most noteworthy space in the monastery is the library in the southern wing, originally with interior furnishing which can be admired today in the Strahov Premonstratensian monastery in Prague. In 1784, the Louka monastery was dissolved by Emperor Joseph II, and thus only one third of the Baroque remodelling project was completed. Till 1990 the complex was used by the army.
 
 


Premonstrátský klášter v Louce - jižní křídlo
letecký snímek areálu kláštera
klášterní chodba
prostor před vstupem do letního refektáře
pilířové schodiště
klášterní sklepy
Premonstrátský klášter v Louce
průhled oknem na baziliku Panny Marie a sv. Václava
pohled na klášter  z areálu městské plovárny
 
 

Sdružení historických sídel
Čech, Moravy a Slezska

Opletalova ulice 29
110 00 Praha 1
Czech Republic

phone: +420 224 237 558
phone/fax: +420 224 213 166
mail: info@shscms.cz
www.shscms.cz
www.ehd.cz

Office hours:
Mo - Th: 8.00-16.00
Fr: 8.00-14.00

 
Publikační a redakční systém Public4u © 2000-2022
load