Historické putování

Search

Minorite Monastery - South Moravian Museum

Přemyslovců 129/8
Znojmo, 669 02

The monument is accessible for free

Monument will be open:
17.9.2022 from 10:00 to 11:30 hours, from 12:00 to 17:00 hours

Responsible person
Name: Vladimíra
Family name: Durajková
Phone: +420 777 788 684
The structure of the Minorite, later on Franciscan Monastery once was a part of the so-called "Znojmo Assisi", built in the course of the 13th century. The neighbouring convent of the Order of the Nuns of St Claire was included in the complex later. In 1279-1297, the mortal remains of Czech King Přemysl Otakar II, killed in the Battle on the Marchfeld in 1278, were laid to rest here. In the 1780s Emperor Joseph II dissolved both the monastery and the nunnery, the monastery church was deconsecrated and demolished. Only the north-west wing, with the original groin vault, is left of the Minorite Monastery original Gothic cloister.
 
 

The neighbouring Convent of Saint Claire was later merged with this male monastery. 

minoritský klášter
průhled do rajského dvora
Minoritský klášter - rajský dvůr
ambit s křížovou klenbou
okno do ambitu
boží muka v rajském dvoře
expozice Pravěcí zemědělci
ambit s křížovou klenbou
expozice Živá příroda Znojemska
 
 

Sdružení historických sídel
Čech, Moravy a Slezska

Opletalova ulice 29
110 00 Praha 1
Czech Republic

phone: +420 224 237 558
phone/fax: +420 224 213 166
mail: info@shscms.cz
www.shscms.cz
www.ehd.cz

Office hours:
Mo - Th: 8.00-16.00
Fr: 8.00-14.00

 
Publikační a redakční systém Public4u © 2000-2022
load