The former Rococo garden of the bishops´ residence from the end of the 18th century contained a summer house with a grotto, glasshouses, and water features. Some elements of later romanticising adaptations survive. The 0.2 hectare garden, part of the bishops´ residence at no.4 Biskupská Street, is situated in the area of the town walls bailey at the southwest edge of the historic centre of the city of České Budějovice, near the confluence of the Vltava and Malše rivers.
Former Dominican monastery with the Church of the Virgin´s Sacrifice - example of early and high medieval architecture in southern Bohemia, monument associated with 13th century land colonisation by King Přemysl Otakar II. Especially notable is the former monastery church. Currently presenting the newly restored monastery cloisters with remarkable finds.
The Ferus house is an example of a suburban farmstead adapted for the requirements of a freight forwarding business. The beginnings of the farmstead date probably back to the 16th century. Originally there were two separate smaller farmhouses. Probably at the beginning of the 19th century they were connected architecturally. Both farmsteads were mostly owned by wealthy burghers of Budějovice.
The present-day building was originally formed by two houses on medieval plots linked probably at the turn of the 18th and 19th century, with surviving Renaissance structures. After a modern reconstruction the house serves the TAM-TAM Civic Association, and is used for exhibitions and other cultural events.
The tower in the town walls, an impressive sight on a bank of the Malše River, was originally called Spilhaybl, after Georg Spilhaybl, burgomaster of Budějovice in 1466 – and known as Iron Maiden from the end of the 19th century. The tower is one of the best preserved parts of the medieval fortifications of the town.
One of the best preserved towers of the town fortifications, situated in Panská Street near the Mlýnská stoka canal. The name is probably derived from the name of a dignitary of the local Dominican monastery – Wolfgang Rabenstein, first mentioned in 1466. The present state: after a recent renovation the tower is open to visitors and presents an exhibition of arms and armour.
Originally a Renaissance building, Baroque reconstruction designed by the Schwarzenberg family´s builder A.E. Martinelli. Allegorical statues of civic virtues on the attic are by Josef Dietrich. Solomon´s Judgement fresco from 1730 by J.A. Schőpf is in the ceremonies hall. New tours with guides in period costumes, including the projection of photographs from archaeological research at the Town Hall, begin at 9.30, 10.30, 11.30 am and 1.30, 2.30, 3.30 pm, lasting 55 min. On-line booking of free tickets at www.cbsystem.cz.