Historické putování
Kostel sv. Michaela archanděla a Panny Marie Věrné - OstrovKostel sv. Michaela archanděla a Panny Marie Věrné - Ostrov
Vyhlídková věž kostela sv. Jiljí - NymburkVyhlídková věž kostela sv. Jiljí - Nymburk
Gotické dvojče – Dům umění, LitoměřiceGotické dvojče – Dům umění, Litoměřice

Search

Cemetery in Kluk - Poděbrady

Bílkova
Poděbrady, 290 00

The Poděbrady municipal cemetery in the Kluk town district, set up in 1902-1903 to the design by the famous Art-Nouveau architect Josef Fanta, is regarded as one of the nicest and in artistic terms most valuable ones in the country. It received the status of cultural monument in 1965.
 
 

The oldest cemetery in Poděbrady  used to be at the Church of the Raising of the Holy Cross. Following Emperor Joseph II ban on internment within the town limits it was moved outside them, but at the end of the 19th century again found itself in the middle of a built-up area, was abolished and the graves were transferred to the new Catholic cemetery in Kluk, where a Jewish and Protestant cemeteries  had existed since 1896. A number of outstanding artists, e.g. Bohuslav Schnirch, Milan Havlíček and Hanuš Folkman contributed to its decoration, authors of the valuable tombstones include Josef Fanta, Antonín Engel and Vojtěch Kerhart.

 

Městský hřbitov - Bílkova zeď
Městský hřbitov - kaple
Městský hřbitov - interiér kaple
Městský hřbitov - vstupní brána
 
 

Sdružení historických sídel
Čech, Moravy a Slezska

Opletalova ulice 29
110 00 Praha 1
Czech Republic

phone: +420 224 237 558
phone/fax: +420 224 213 166
mail: info@shscms.cz
www.shscms.cz
www.ehd.cz

Office hours:
Mo - Th: 8.00-16.00
Fr: 8.00-14.00

 
Publikační a redakční systém Public4u © 2000-2022
load